- Key insight; Through our actions, not just auctions, our goal is breed a better bird
- Feather direction interests us the most. We study this carefully now in nest.
- Launching our website and leading our clubs New Members night are proud moments in our journey. We want to define our involvement by what we give, not just what we win or have in the aviary.
- We enjoy naming our best, like "Greyzilla line". You only really know your birds after 2 seasons!
- Budgies are part of living a passionate and interesting life (reminder for lots of setbacks)
- Plan to buy only 5 birds next year with head quality, upright stance and small wings.
Winning is too fleeting to sustain interest for Bella - for us it is about enjoying the hobby with good people and breeding birds that we love to look at.
Birds we love to look at right now...
- Deep yellow base light green Dominant Pieds and brilliant sky Pieds
- Opaline grey clearbody with almost white body
- Inos out of clearbody (they just seem to have fantastic feather)
We end 2015, excited about next breeding season (especially with the clearbodies and chicks from our Gearing white lacewing).
Bella & Stephen