- It’s about the bird that you breed, not the one you buy
- It’s about your actions, not auctions
- It’s about keep asking questions until the “Ah-Ha” moment when you understand, not believing everything you are told
- It’s about looking at your birds with a glass of wine, not whining about others
- It’s about what you see in the nest making dust, not what’s on the shelf collecting dust
- It’s about the joy of fellowship not political bullshit
- It’s about dealing with setbacks, not dummy spits
- It’s about selling a bird that can help a beginner do better, not something your glad to be rid of sooner
- It’s about working out what their behaviour is telling you, not thinking you are always right.
Above all, is about a bird that has the potential to reach an un-reachable ideal, so we try to get there learning all the way, happily knowing we never will. This is what keeps us interested and excited... that is the joy of having a hobby.
For me, it’s about breeding a bird on a perch that expresses my love for my daughter, connects me to my childhood memories, surrounded by genuine people who care for me as I care for them… I think I’m starting to “get it!”
Dedicated to those who have generously mentored Bella and I who know who they are.